Friday, April 2, 2010

Friday's hemonc visit

Brian got his check up...and labs...his red cells are low, his platelets are also low. His white cells are okay....they are low, but were lower wednesday.

Because I don't have my computer, I can't scan the labs right now. When things are up and running, I'll scan in the labs.

He has mouth and bum sores, we got 3 different prescriptions for medications to help with that, as well as a prescription for thrush ( a mouth fungal infection).
The low platelet count is the most concerning as it will continue to drop 10-14 days after chemotherapy. That means all next week, but based on how the platelets look today, I expect he'll probably wind up in the ER sometime over the weekend needing a transfusion. In fact in anticipation of that, I'll cook up some meals today and pop them in the freezer I guess.

He also needed some pain medication again today (real pain meds, not tylenol) and is feeling quite tired. I would expect next week will be worse, as he'll be at his "peak" lows in blood cell counts.

My sister was going to come visit, and Brian was really looking forward to her visit, but because of where his counts are, and the possible need to go for transfusions, we're going to reschedule that. No point in further exposing him to germs.

They are working on rt.33 and have it dug up, making our trip today fine going down, but a bit miserable, bumpy and traffic ridden coming home. Not good for someone with a bad headache, but little I could do about it.

we got a freebie neulasta mouse pad and thermometer at the DR.'s office today....

It's warm and gorgeous here today. I'm going to open up and get some fresh air in, maybe even sit out back a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment