Wednesday, March 31, 2010

freaking nightmare...

My computer crashed today...REALLY crashed. Despite over 12 hours of trying to fix it and salvage data, it's hard drive is dead.
I have an external back up drive, but the laptop I am typing on right now is too old to recognize it.( thank you Debbie for the back up in case of emergency) I am hoping that I can get a new computer, and I am hoping that I can retrieve the information. My files, pictures, itunes, quicken, etc...it is just a nightmare I do not need to deal with right now.

It's so funny in that nasty ironic kind of way. I've helped a lot people with their computers and frequently preach back up...hard copy..etc..and here I am caught with a back up I can't seem to access and no hard copies of anything.

On top if it, a new computer is not exactly in the budget...and did I mention a rock flew up and broke the windshield on Stephanie's car?....broke it good, it also needs to be replaced. I feel like ripping my hair out in frustration.

I really don't like how this week is going. I am angry, frustrated, tired, agitated, now on top of taking care of Brian, worrying about everything, I need to figure out the computer issue, completely rebuild my data bases...tax information, email addresses, AHHHHHHHHHHHH.

There isn't enough hours in a day and pennies in my purse. Thomas Paine wasn't kidding when he said "These are the times that try men's souls"....

good thing my hair is short...I think I'd rip it all out right about now.

Now, update about Brian...he is tired, has an ulcer (on his bum) from the chemotherapy, and is having more trouble with lack of feeling in his feet. I am going to make him use my cane for a while, I saw him trip today while we were in the hospital (for labs) and I can't support him like I did when he was younger. It's just better if he has the cane, BUT I know that suggestion is going to go over like a lead balloon.

Tomorrow is hectic..Stephanie's car has to go to the shop for new brakes and we have to do something about the windshield...(it's totally splintered across the front) or it won't pass inspection, and it isn't safe for her to drive that way. I have to see about the computer...I have to go get a prescription filled for Brian's ulcer...

I need a money tree, a clone machine and some anti anxiety medications....

and to think, just last night we were having a lovely relaxing evening watching a movie...hanging out...how quickly things change...
if I wasn't grey haired already, I would be after today.

No comments:

Post a Comment