Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spring Equinox and Chemo info...

Today was a gorgeous day. The perfect kind of day to welcome the spring equinox. Normally we welcome spring by starting our little seed greenhouse and cleaning out the birdhouses. But this will not quite be a normal spring and my birdhouses were new last summer and not inhabited, so they don't need their spring cleaning.

As temped as I was to dig my hands into the compost soil and plant seed packets, I resisted, because I don't think, in fact I do know there will not be time for that kind of gardening this spring.

I washed and packed some pj's, and a blanket for Brian. He's always happier in normal clothing even if we have to modify some tshirts for iv lines. He's sensitive to touch and needs no tags, and soft material, so it's good to have those things ready to go. He'll also sleep better with one of his blankets and pillow, so everything got a fresh washing then packed to go.

I made some dinners for Scott to take to work...then put them in the freezer. Makes things a lot easier when those things are done.
When Brian got chemo last time, we made a huge effort to eat dinner at the hospital together each night, but Stephanie was only in middle school then, and now she'll be a work at dinner time, so it's not really feasible. But I know she'll eat at work, so that's not a worry.

Our neighbor Jim came over and he and Scott fixed the radiator leak on my car, and gave it a tune up, since I'll be putting about 150 miles on it each day this week back and forth to the hospital.

We have to be at the hospital by 10am monday morning, then at the cancer clinic at 1:30 which I doubt we'll be on time for), so I kind of doubt he'll get the chemo started until late monday night. Since I am not yet familiar with how they will give the ICE chemotherapy protocol, I have to find out when they will give which drug. I absolutely will be there for the etoposide because it can precipitate in the IV line, and it also made Brian's blood pressure crash last time he got it on the CHOP protocol. ( Which for Brian is now considered failed) Hopefully they will give that tueday and I will actually make it home to bed monday night, but we'll see....
I already know where the hospital cafeteria is, and all the hours it is open, so it looks like cafeteria dining for me this week. woo hoo...I know I am excited...

No comments:

Post a Comment