Friday, March 26, 2010

late night musings...


10 years ago when Brian was diagnosed, he was a freshman in high school, and Stephanie was in 6th grade. Something Brian said today got me thinking about then and now and like many things, it is sort of stuck in my head for dissection and further pondering.

What Brian said was that Ms. Brooks was very nice looking. And how she really was one of the few teachers who seemed to "get him". Stephanie had her then and Brian had her three years previous.
She apparently has an ankle tattoo and I had been teasing Brian that after all his treatments are over and he's fully recovered, he should think about getting a zipper pull tattooed above his abdominal scar. (He's feeling like no young woman would ever be interested in him because he has cancer, and all these surgical scars and other issues....)

Brian has so many things going for him, he is astonishingly intelligent, passionate about so many things, and most importantly he is incredibly valiant. Rare things in a young man his age. (Don't get me wrong, he's got lots of short comings, but when faced with the facts that he could easily die ( and might) from his cancer, and/or his treatments, it's way easier to see how wonderful Brian is and how much I would miss our daily banters, arguments and discussions.) And while I will deny this to my dying day, he is smarter then I am now DAMN IT.....but not nearly as clever..YET...

No comments:

Post a Comment