Friday, March 26, 2010

the wheels on the car....

GO round and round....

Faced with the M,W,F blood count trips, we decided on a slightly different solution to to the long trip back and forth to the cancer clinic at Lehigh. We went to the "local" hospital lab and they fax the results to the oncology Dr....

so instead of 135+ miles we make a 40 mile round trip. That's a super solution if it works and the hospital faxes the lab results promptly. I'll know by Monday and hopefully it will work.

Tomorrow we still need to drive down to Lehigh for a 2 minute neulasta injection, but to NOT do it would be risking too much.

I used about $147.00 worth of gas driving just back and forth today.(Correction that's actually driving all this this week...I had today in my head because I refilled the gas tank..) Guess that will use up that yearly assistance from the lymphoma society in one week...( got to finish that paperwork too) yikes...it's crazy thinking of 2+ months of this before even heading to Hershey for the transplant which is 127 miles one way from here.
Something to be said for how close we were last time to the hospital. I got new tires last april right before we moved...wow am I glad we did ...

This morning when I got up, we had a nice little happy snow frosting all over things. Very cool, We all are still excited with the happy morning snow...not sure that will get old, but we love snow.

After the trip to the hospital for labs, I stopped at the grocery store, Brian wearing his mask came in to walk around a little and figure out what he felt like eating this week. We normally eat a lot of raw food, fruits and veggies, but with his counts falling we'll probably blanch those veggies.

One of the side effects that Brian is noticing is a problem with his vision. I am not sure yet what that means, we'll certainly discuss it with the doctors. He also has numbness in his hands and feet. That we expected, he already had permanent damage from the vincristine he received before. With that, the immediate concern to making sure the shower water temp isn't too hot, so I adjusted to temp on the water heater so I didn't need to worry about that. Bet Scott's the first to notice....(he already hates the electric water heater)

We're off early tomorrow to make our 9:00 am appointment. Brian went to bed early tonight, he is feeling sick, so he took his medications and headed to bed. If I was smart, I'd no doubt do the same...right after a couple of loads of laundry and pet chores.

Special thanks to my friend Sandi and her furbaby Sophers for their kind donation.

No comments:

Post a Comment