Monday, March 29, 2010

another damn rainy monday

I hate rain...and the grey that goes with it. It's raining for the second day in a row.

we went to the hospital for labs today, then I spent the afternoon on the phone scheduling appointments, making sure the labs were getting faxed correctly and speaking with the social worker at Hershey to see what arrangements I could make for staying when we go out there.

Bam...three hours gone...no wonder I lose track of so much time.

I updated the calender with our new schedule. However it is subject to change on several counts..first would be the lab results....we can have to go into the hospital at anytime if Brian develops petechiae or fever etc...

We will also be going out to Hershey to meet with the transplant team sometime in the next few weeks. That has to be scheduled once they review Brian's tests, results, pathology etc...and determine what tests they wish to run themselves as well as a treatment plan. We'll probably have to get a hotel room and spend a few days there for the harvesting of the stem cells as well.

There was a problem with the medicaid application, seems the internist that saw Brian in February for his surgical stay never filled out his part. It was almost by accident that I found out about that, and have made sure that is in the correct hands to get filled out, but that means another 4-6 weeks of waiting since it hasn't left the hospital to get to the state even...

You just simply can not rely that these things will get done correctly without supervision. Like my plate is not already full enough.

Special thanks today goes to grandpa for the playstation3....Brian is completely thrilled and I have to immediately go get him a game so I can have 5 minutes of peace. and a nap..I need a nap...again...this is where that lack of sleep comes into play...SO many things to get done..and only one me. And these are not things I can even give to other people to do...these are the normal things that fill out our lives crammed into a tiny space left by the BIG thing that fills my life right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment