Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Wednesday's check up.....

We headed for Allentown early this morning....the driver's were their typical crazy on 33....and we were down to 78 at the tail end of rush hour.

There was a wait for a while at the clinic, which isn't typical and Brian was a little manic....but considering he hasn't been on any medications for that in quite a while now, not too bad...he's obviously been watching the news too much..

His check up and counts were good. Although the nurse had a difficult time drawing blood. And although the nurse practitioner he say is obviously very intelligent and competent, I'd be lying if I said I particularly cared for her mannerisms. She's got an air of superiority I took an instant dislike to. I don't think she much cares for me either.....I'm crushed....really I am.....just...crushed.....two know it alls in a room together...just a bad mix.

Stephanie interviewed again today for the new job...that is 2 interviews in 2 days for the same job..(first with the sous chef and today wit hteh head chef) ...she's very excited and I am not sure she can take the rejection should it come...I am concerned about that for sure. But she gave it her all....and brought with her two days in a row quite a portfolio of tastiness.....I know I just hated my kitchen being full of yummy things. She's really quite talented and they would be missing quite the catch if she doesn't get the job. She's got the drive and imagination for sure.

Brian has the tests next week, the doctor visit the following monday...and then I would imagine we'll get scheduled to go out to Hershey to start the harvest procedures.

Because Brian's counts are so good and he's been house bound for so long, I am going to take him to the movies tomorrow to see "How to train your Dragon". He doesn't have a lot of time before he is facing a long time of isolation. It's not good for a young man to be so confined....even a self contained one like Brian.

One of our old cats is going to pass in the next few days. She is about 17 and has lived a good long life, although in all the time, she never allowed us to really handle her. I had taken in 3 ferals many years ago, and she is the last of them. It is good that her passing is natural and will occur before I have to go away with Brian.

Brian is somewhat uptight about the whole process as the time gets closer. But he is trying to prepare and think about what he will do for at least 3 weeks in a bed, so you might see some things appear on his wish list...he has a small pile of books ready, has an old laptop with a few old games on it....(and I am going to try and get THE DIG installed on it as well...it was a great old game we loved). We're also going to see if we can get the PS3 to work with the smaller computer monitor so he can take that as well. 3 ++ weeks can be a really LONG time.....and he can fry my brain fast if he's bored...and Brian can feel like death warmed over and still bored and annoying...trust me.

I know I have a few days of emails etc to answer...but I am swamped with ebay and Brian and some paperwork I have to get done, so give me a few more days to try and get to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment