Thursday, May 27, 2010

the frustration with a process....

I am very frustrated with Hershey Medical Center. And quite honestly somewhat aggravated. I feel like "they" are not listening to me when I talk to them about driving out there just to sign papers and have labs done.
Labs that won't be valid for the surgery on the 7th because they would be done too soon prior and papers that at the very least could be faxed to me. Explain why we should drive 6 hours for this?...not only is it not practical, it's very stressful on Brian and myself, and my car and a lot of money spent on gas.
Now I don't wish to seem uncooperative, but I do not feel like they have the patients' best interest in mind here when they are not even paying attention to my concerns. I hope we have not made a mistake in choosing them for the transplant procedure....maybe we SHOULD consider our other alternatives again.....arrogance is NOT what saves patient's lives.
Let's hope they call later with a better plan....

Last night we had dinner with Scott's sister Donna and her husband and daughters. They were able to give Brian a donation from the poker benefit they so very kindly had in his honor. It was a lovely visit and so very nice they did this for him. It certainly will help to off set some of the expenses we encounter in his treatment.
Thanks again.

1 comment:

  1. You're very welcome & we will continue to help raise money!

    ReplyDelete