Tuesday, May 11, 2010

ah..here's the rain...tuesday instead

and the normally monday rain is coming down now..and it's cold rain.

Brian is still not feeling very well, and today he complained about his head hurting. But on the skin, so I think it is part and parcel to the nerve damage from the chemo. We'll see how it is in a few days. He's still got cold symptoms and has been sleeping a lot, but he says it feels like he isn't sleeping at all. I looked in on him a few times and he seems to be sleeping well, but he certainly is extra tired. He slept almost 18 hours today and is back in bed again.

Tomorrow we have an early start and a long day of tests. The echocardiogram, the pulmonary function test and then another pet scan. The first two tests are to make sure his heart and lungs can take the transplant procedure, and the pet scan is to restage the cancer and ensure the lymphoma has responded to the chemo. (IF the lymphoma hasn't responded then the plans will change probably drastically)

I went and got the landscaping ties today to make sure the bad little dogs can't dig out of their pen. Much to my delight, Home depot had them for $1.97.....I'm sure we've paid more like $8.00 from them in the past. So I am very pleased and have some comfort in knowing that even if the dogs are out unsupervised, they will be safe and sound. IF I can score a dog house on freecycle I'll have one less thing to worry about.

My throat hurts less today and I have no temp...I boxed up all my auction items to head out to the mail. Usually I get them right into the mail, but it's hard to do ebay and take care of Brian and be sick...
while I was boxing up the stuff, I watched a new episode of Dr. Who.....I admit I was so sad to learn David Tennent left the show, I really liked him, but the new doctor isn't bad...and I like the new companion. She's quite sassy...I like sassy.

Stephanie had her favorite cake today...chocolate with strawberry and custard filling...and NO, I didn't make her make it for herself...
She's out tonight with some girlfriends, hopefully behaving herself....Even if it is her 21st birthday.

A stray cat showed up today in the yard. (oh I "hear that collective sigh") I really hope he has a home, but I put some food out for him anyhow and there is already a couple of places he can stay dry. I do not lure them home with a can of sardines...I swear....

Scott talked this week to a friend of ours that used to live in NJ, but moved to Texas a long time ago....He didn't know about Brian's cancer coming back. But, it is kind of strange letting people know...especially since we'd had such good things happening with him right up to the christmas holiday.

It's just sort of strange period....sometimes people will say to me that it will pass, and I try and explain to them, we've passed the point now where we won't always deal with this.One way or another.... This is our life now, and while it isn't what we would choose, it is what we have. Like it or not, we just need to try and do the best we can, and that isn't very easy some days.

We won't have test results until Monday, so don't expect too much new information until then. As frustrating as it is to wait..it too is part of the process.

Special thanks to my friend Lynn for her kind donation. With all of the expenses we are going to have over the next two months, we really appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment