Thursday, May 27, 2010

update on my frustration with Hershey


Well,
There is no nice way to put this except to say that the team at Hershey Medical Center did not tell me the truth. When I specifically asked why the labs had to be done there, I was told that it was because of the rules from the Foundation of the Accrediation of cellular therapy.
SO naturally I called the foundation....and did I learn QUITE A BIT....including that the labs simply needed to be done by FDA approved test and that any major hospital could do them and used that testing. And that many patients have labs and even cell harvesting done at other facilities. They also support the ratings by US news and World report...and that puts Hershey OFF the list of top 100.

I will not abide by Doctor's not being honest with me. And This doctor is particularly arrogant.
I am making some phone calls in regards to pursuing this treatment elsewhere. If it is feasible with out delaying the treatment, then I need to find a doctor I can trust and rely on, not one with the attitude I listened to on the phone just a little while ago.

I'll be speaking with Brian's oncologist tomorrow and with the financial dept. at RWJUH. To find out what I can.
Very disappointed in the attitude at Hershey....and the blatant lack of concern over our issues...how can I trust them if they don't care about the whole picture and just "their" agenda?

I didn't like the doctor at the first meeting and I sure didn't like the attitude I got from him on the phone today. I trust my inner voice and it's screaming right now.

1 comment: