Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Wednesday PM update

Brian's labs don't look too bad today. All are a little below normal, but pretty much what you would expect.
He did develop an ulcer on his bum from the chemo, we've had them before, so we know that getting right on it is the best way to nip a potential problem in the bud.

He's officially considered neutropenic (or neutro penis as he used to call it when he was younger) ,so no more fresh fruits and veggies. It was impossible to bring the veggie washer to the hospital, so he is just going to have to endure without until his counts recover.
It's a little harder being away from home, I can't slap 1/2 cow on the grill and bring it into him to eat, he's going to have to endure hospital food...and let me tell you...having eaten in quite a few hospitals now, I can say with reasonable experience, the food here is terrible.

Special thanks to my long time friend Elizabeth. She has a knack for knowing how to help and what to say., and it's almost scary how well she knows me. We've been friends a long time and I am lucky to have her.

No comments:

Post a Comment