Monday, July 26, 2010

monday am update

Brian is very tired and very agitated. It's reached the stage where he is getting ativan round the clock and we're considering other medications. I think I finally made it clear that if they leave him alone long enough to sleep, this well might resolve. He hasn't slept for more then an hour straight in almost 3 days. Either have I, but I can take it better, though I did take my xanax this morning. I haven't left the hospital since Friday am, but I am going to leave after dinner tonight and go back to my gracious host house for some much needed sleep, and to do laundry. Brian and I need a little space for a few hours anyhow.
Today is the last day of his chemo, they will hang his last bag of cytoxin late tonight. Steriods end tomorrow, but he will be on some lasix to help get rid of the accumulating fluids. It's been a difficult few days for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment