Saturday, July 24, 2010

saturday pm update and labs...

The labs look okay today, his white cell count is way up from yesterday, but he did have a little fever yesterday. The rest are good so far. They won't start to plummet for a few more days.

We are on day 3 of the high dose chemotherapy before the transplant. He is getting 4 hours of cytoxin, and 1 hour etopiside twice a day. He is also getting mesna around the clock to protect his kidneys and bladder from the cytoxin.

He is pumped full of anti-nausea meds, zofran, compazine, ativan...and he felt well enough to eat his dinner and some ice pops. He also snacked on some shredded mini wheats. He also got up and walked around the floor rather then get another heparin injection which hurt and leave him black and blue. so far so good..

I am going to stay tonight on the it's a chair....it's a bed...because I know he's going to be feeling poorly again once they hang the cytoxin at midnight again...and it's not like I am sleeping anyhow since I am not home....I wish we lived closer to the hospital. the one good thing about when he first was diagnosed with cancer at age 14, was I could go home at night to my own bed cause we only lived 20 minutes away.

No comments:

Post a Comment