Monday, July 12, 2010

Monday's update

I received the hickmann dressings from Univ. of Penn. on saturday. The lines need to be flushed every other day and the dressing changed once a week (or as needed). We've already changed it 3 times.
fussofingers can't leave it alone. Thank goodness they sent the stuff out right away. I had bought some at med supply to tide us over, but at the rate he's bothering it, I would have had to go out and get more. The biggest concern is a systemic blood infection so I am checking it with regularity. tegaderm patches are clear so you can see what's going on well enough.

Bri's a little bored, and a bit agitated over the impending hospital stay. I think we are all a bit edgy and it's not really something I can drag up any enthusiasm over. I can't even say to Brian that at least it will be the end of treatment, because there is no guarantee it will be. And he's not going to be coming home feeling particularly well either. It's just a grim and endure it.
I'm trying to get some ebay stuff up, but I am running out of time. it's either in the next day or so, or not at all, but with parking costing $10.00 for 20-30 days and having to purchase all my meals for that same period of time, we're looking at a big expense.

clone machine?...anyone got a clone machine so there can be more then one of me??

and Steph and the perils of Penelope Pitstop...eyh yeh ehy....

No comments:

Post a Comment