Wednesday, June 30, 2010

wednesday's complaints

today Brian has low grade fever...not quite enough to call the doctor, but we're getting close. If we didn't have an appointment already for tomorrow I'd guess we'd be calling.

In fact, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they kept him for low counts. He's got a headache and he's bleeding from the neupogen injections. All indicators I have seen before of low platelet and RBC counts.
He's not too pale and isn't doing badly, and I don't know how low in adults is that slap your ass back in the hospital line...I just know where it was when he was a kid.

Scott and I had a disagreement today...It happens...."the fix it and make it all better" fairies are apparently on strike and it leaves us with the mess we call life to clean up after ourselves.

It's hard for people who don't live under this type of stress to really understand, I know that, and I shielded many of those people from the reality of it last time. I haven't the time, energy or patience for those niceties this time around.

tomorrow I have to pick up more neupogen at the pharmacy for Brian, as well as the doctor's visit and any unexpecteds that come from that. I also need to get in touch with the guy from hosts for hospitals to see if he has any arrangements for next week, or if I'll need to drive back and forth. Hotel is out of the budget, and we're still trying to get another car on the road since I won't be around to drive Steph to work (or let her take my car)..too many freaking complications. Not enough energy to get them all solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment