Sunday, June 20, 2010

the long short weekend

The weekend seem to fly by. Not that they matter really....Scott works 6 nights a week and my job now is to take care of Brian. But I guess it is just left over from those days of Monday to Friday...
or maybe I still look forward to them because Sunday is the only day we don't get one more bill in the mail.

I've been having trouble with my heart this week. I have a condition called ventricular ectopy and I take several medications for it, but it's really been problematic this week. It keeps me from sleeping or wakes me up. So I am tired and things that need to get done really didn't.

tomorrow we're headed to Lehigh Valley Hospital for Brian to get the third round of ICE chemotherapy. Hopefully he'll come home on wednesday evening. I don't really look forward to the additional expenses or all the sitting this week, but I'd never leave him there alone just because I didn't feel up to going. Even more so because tomorrow is his birthday.

Scott and I had a rough week....it's so hard to live under the constant stress without having little break outs of frustration and despair. Really we do fairly well considering the enormity of what we deal with every day, but it does get tense sometimes. That's where being together as long as we are really helps. We can be angry with one another, but it doesn't really mean anything besides venting. All this car issues and facing the additional expenses just make tempers short.

Today he worked off his angst by washing the cars. Yes, It was annoying to me to see him do something so trival when I feel like there are more important things to do, but he really wanted to wash the cars, and it was father's day, so I kept my big mouth shut. A rare occurrence, but it's important to pick your battles and when you have a constantly upheaval life like we do right now, good choices are important.

No comments:

Post a Comment