Saturday, December 29, 2012

saturday update

It's snowing today again...so awesome, but I am sure the roads will be all clear by monday morning when we head out for Brian's rescheduled PET scan.

Today Scott and I have been married 28 years..unfortunately due to his work schedule he doesn't come home on Saturdays so I get to spend it alone...one of many things that get shoved to the wayside when you've been dealing with an illness long as we have. For us because of the bills work has to come first..always..regardless of what we wish could be. What we get yearly from lymphoma society covers gas for one trip to Philadelphia. We don't get any other assistance from any cancer groups....it's just not how they work unfortunately.

I got notice from the state of PA that they are eliminating the healthcare plan Brian has in a few weeks, and we have to choose other medicaid coverage...I am very concerned about that since I don't know what changes that will make for us. There are already things that they don't cover for Brian..we can't really take on more then we have already in regards to his expenses...and it also means MORE PAPERWORK as soon as the packet they are mailing arrives... the paperwork burden is...killer...going to need a file cabinet soon since my little file boxes are stuffed full already.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment