Monday, February 11, 2013

update frustration

So...we met with the surgeon....he is concerned with doing a biopsy of the lympnode because of it's location and size. He feels like if it is the lymphoma we'll have a larger node soon and if it is an indolent malignancy of another kind well then they don't respond well to chemotherapy anyhow. (his words ) (got to love the medical professionals either they blow sunshine up your bum or pow right in the kisser)

He is going to converse with the oncologist Dr. Nasta and what she decides is what he will do.

And this couldn't have occurred BEFORE the long and annoying drive?....these are the type of things that frustrate me. 6 hrs in a car for a 30 minute consult during which aside from a refreshing frankness (I am not into sugar coating at this point anyhow) Not a darn thing was decided except to tell me the dr.'s need to talk.

I'm tired, I am crankified and we're all frustrated that we've been left in limbo land ... His suggestion was another scan in March....
we still have unanswered questions....about the spleen..platelets...

while I can appreciate a good and accurate diagnosis takes time, we've had these irregular test results since October now...

I want answers damn it and ice cream...definitely ice cream ....

No comments:

Post a Comment