Monday, August 9, 2010

monday pm update

Rumor has it that Brian is going home tomorrow...his hickmann catheter was removed today, and we are just waiting on some lab results to determine if he's going to need iv antibiotics at home or if he can take oral ones.
He's driving me nuts, so I am going to stay at my hosts home tonight, I have stuff to pack up and it will give me a chance to say goodbye.
They are a lovely family and I feel like I have made long term new friends. Unusual for me, I know....
Brian is unhappy that everything didn't come together for him to go home today.

Treatment is ending, let the healing begin. It can take up to a year or longer for Brian's system to recover, and then we will have to consider redoing all his childhood vaccines. I guess to some extent, it means his risk for contracting things is both from his weakened immune system and his loss of vaccine immunity.
I know that good food, good rest and the love of a zillion little cat feet and dog tongues will go a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment