Friday, August 6, 2010

Friday PM update

Brian had a good enough day. He's slept most of the day, ate a little dinner, and is resting watching TV tonight.
He's black and blue all over from the platelets being so low and having injections and poking and prodding, but it is all for good reason.
I'm hoping things go smoothly tonight with the antibiotics and tomorrow with his counts so I can leave and go do wash again. Sure do wish there was a w/d here to use, but I could use a good nights sleep in a bed as well, though I'd really like to go home to my own bed.

The source of the blood infection is Brian's hick line, which is of no surprise to me. they are problematic. I've insisted it is removed prior to discharge, as they sometimes send patients home with them. He's got a portacath if they need future access anyhow.
His counts are still so low they are giving him 4 antibiotics, antifungals, antivirals and a variety of other preventatives, so for now, we are still holding off on any visitors. He doesn't want anything delaying his escaping to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment