Saturday, March 23, 2013

It's hard as a parent to decide what choices are best for your kids. And when one gets sick, it is even harder.

I am forcing Brian to start to take over responsibility for his health. I am sure to some this has been  a long time coming, but to us, this is a very difficult step. In part because he is not well....In part because he has physical and mental issues that make this a difficult road...but watching him these last few months, I can see how he can and NEEDS to step up a bit. Not everything...Not even the important things....just the everyday dr. visits...dentist visits...

I am giving him a little tough love right now....because I see him leaning more and more on me, and he has assumed it can continue. Even if he doesn't realize it.

So I am going to pursue my dreams for bit..still watching closely but forcing independence a bit..when and where I can.

I forced him last week to take the bus to walmart and buy a new toilet seat that he broke because he kept dropping it down after being asked not to....a bus he talked about for 6 months checking out....and the minute he left...knowing he had to spend what little bit of money he had left over from Christmas..I felt horrible...but it passed...and he took the bus and got the toilet seat and he discovered the world did not end and he could do it. So did I.

it's all good...it's just challenging. Maybe the baby bird will never be able to leave the nest, and that is fine, but he needs to feel better and he needs to be a little independent regardless of his health issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment