Thursday, October 14, 2010

trip to the eye doctor

Making the appointment for Scott at the eye doctor, reminded me that Brian was due for his recheck from the problems caused by the chemotherapy.

SO today I took Brian to the eye doctor (and went myself as well since it's been almost 3 years since my last trip and I know my Rx has changed)

So Brian's prescription changed quite a bit, and while the medicare covered his office exam, of course they didn't cover the glasses...so he got new glasses. Mine will have to wait a while., his is more important anyhow.

So scott has something called csr It's basically a blister on the retina. He has to have an angiogram of his eye tomorrow and probably get scheduled for laser surgery after that. He will have altered fuzzy vision though in that eye and while the surgery might help it, it won't eliminate it. Since Scott has always been very proud of his eye site and can't even stand the need to wear reading glasses, I am not sure how he's going to react to this.

Brian has a small swollen lump in his neck that continues to cause him pain. I am worried about it, but we'll know shortly as it will be scanned.

No comments:

Post a Comment